Phase 1 has launched. Now accepting submissions!
Please submit a comprehensive description of the proposed innovation in PDF, Microsoft Word, or Text format. The document should be up to five (5) pages and may include up to two (2) additional pages of appendices, totaling no more than seven (7) pages. Margins should be no less than 1/2 inch on each side.
Using Technology to Improve Care Coordination for Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN)
For any given CSHCN, create a family-centered technology solution that will enable all the care team members to work toward the same agreed-upon treatment goals using the same information.
- Proposals must address innovations for CSHCN in the United States.
- Teams are expected to engage CSHCN and/or their families in the design and development process.
- Your proposal should be written in English. Note: This does not preclude solutions from being offered in multiple languages.
- A comprehensive description of the proposed innovation should include a narrative of up to five (5) pages and may include up to two (2) additional pages of appendices, totaling no more than seven (7) pages.
- Your proposal should include the following:
- Describe the problem in detail, how your solution addresses this problem specifying the mechanism of action, the target stakeholder group, the current stage of development, and how your solution improves the quality of care, enhances CSHCN and family experiences, and/or potentially saves costs;
- Provide the evidence base to support your solution, or your plan to collect evidence throughout the challenge to support the viability and impact of your solution;
- Describe how your solution is innovative;
- Describe the technical, clinical, administrative, and financial requirements for full implementation of your solution;
- Describe how your solution is accessible (e.g., low-cost, plain language, device agnostic, etc.) and scalable to multiple conditions and populations, including socio-economically diverse populations;
- Describe your team and their qualifications; and
- Describe how you will further develop/scale your solution in later stages of the Challenge and assess impact.
- Your proposal may be submitted in PDF, Microsoft Word, or Text format.
- Margins should be no less than 1/2 inch on each side.
- OPTIONAL: You may provide the link to a video describing your concept. Videos can be up to three (3) minutes in length.
Please note that for Phase 1, HRSA will accept ideas for a proposed intervention or a description of an existing intervention. For existing interventions, you should describe how you adapted or improved upon the existing intervention for participation in this Challenge. For all phases, submission requirements and review criteria will be the same for new ideas as for existing interventions.
Submissions are due by 11:59pm Eastern on Tuesday, October 30, 2018.
For additional considerations in preparing your submission, please be sure to understand the Review Criteria against which your submission will be evaluated.Submit Now
- Preventing Childhood Obesity
- Care Coordination for CSHCN
- Remote Pregnancy Monitoring
- Addressing Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnant Women and New Moms